Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Blendicano: Starbucks-Gone-Healthy

Why, hello there! For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you may have seen one of my recent pictures of a drink from Starbucks called "the blendicano". Lots of people were curious as to what it is; and for those who still are, well, here ya go.

*I take NO credit for creating this blendicano mixture. It is a drink created by one of my favorite fitness coaches/inspirations, Mshell (Michelle Bishop). To check out her AMAZINGNESS, click here.  It is the new rave on social media, just look up #blendicano on twitter/instagram and see for yourself.

THE BLENDICANO: What? Why? How?

What: the "blendicano" is a low-calorie/low-EVERYTHING (except caffeine, obvs) drink that resembles a frappachino. For lovers of Starbucks' famous frapps, this drink is definitely similar without the loads of sugar and fat. Personally, everytime I've gone to Starbucks, I've gotten a mocha cookie crumble frapp or a caramel crunch ribbon...until I realized how much CRAP is in them. YES, they are good once in a while. But for as often as I was getting them...yikes. So now, when I need an extra caffeine boost, here we are :)

Why: for those of us who adore coffee (although, i've been trying to curb my addiction...), this blendicano is the PERFECT waker-upper for anyone. Plus, it's way better than just your standard black coffee every morning. With 4 espresso shots and some caramelly-cinnamonny heaven, of course your day will automatically be better. And you won't get the sugary rush as you do from a frappachino.
No one is quite sure how many calories are in this drink, but the number is between 10-24 calories. So, yeah, I'd say it's pretty worth it.
Also, everytime I've ordered it it's been about $3.50 - a LOT cheaper than a frapp!

Most importantly...How: So here's where it gets iffy. It's a bit confusing to order. BUT DO NOT BE SCARED. I am a very shy person and I get uncomfortable when I know I am flustering people, so I try to avoid it all costs. And, you can to. Just. Be. Polite. Smile, and don't act impatient.

Say these EXACT words, in this order, and they'll understand you. Trust me.

Quad Espresso
Venti scoop of ice
2-4 (your choice) pumps of sugar free caramel OR vanilla syrup
Blended

For extra taste, add cinnamon and splenda :)

BAM. If you don't think you can handle 4 shots of espresso, you can always order triple espresso or double espresso instead and it's the same drink!
The baristas will most likely have confused looks on their faces. They will tell you it will be a weird consitency. They will tell you it needs a base (like they use for their frapps!). Don't worry, it will turn out right. The first time I tried it, I said yes to them adding a base. It tasted the same either way! It also may be pretty thick, but its supposed to be. Yet, above all else, it will be satisfying.

how the finished product should look
no set price, but typically $3.50

and there you have it.

-Lyndsey

1 comment:

  1. I tried ordering this today, they told me to add base and add water? As they said it should be mixed with something

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your thoughts! -lyndsey